The graph above is from Flickr and it records the number of uploads from camera phones to Flickr.
In the graph above:
- Pink is the Apple iPhone 3G
- Yellow the Apple iPhone 3GS
- Green is the Nokia N95
It is amazing how much of a gap the Apple iPhone has over its competitors. Of course there is no doubt about iPone’s incredibly sales success, but it is not as far ahead as this graph suggests.
Instead what this graph shows to me is that those with iPhones are:
- More likely to be connected
- Find it easier to upload their images to the web
- Are more likely to be producing content they want to share
- Have a better quality camera on their phone than others
- And are perhaps more egotistical…
I believe the graph above is a good piece of data to justify creating applications and content for iPhone users. Why? Because this graph shows that iPhone users, much more than other phone users, are more likely to share stuff online and as a result are more likely to be influencers within their groups of friends.
At least these are my humble thoughts. Do you agree?